Whether you want to quit your 9 to 5 job, or you want to create an extra income stream, you must have thought about making money online. The most common ways include selling services, eCommerce, blogging, and many more. Affiliate marketing is also one of the most lucrative ways of making money online. As a matter of fact, most of the people who have created a successful online income started with affiliate marketing.
Making Money Online with Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting other companies’ products and earning a commission for every successful referral purchase. Having your products may sound like a good idea since you’re entitled to most of the profits, and you have a right to change some policies.
However, dealing with the aspects of a business, including logistics, marketing, recruiting, bookkeeping..etc, may be quite tiring. As an affiliate marketer, your job is to drive sales to a merchant’s site, and they will handle the rest. Below are some of the parties involved in affiliate marketing;
- Merchant/Product Creator/Product Seller- This party is responsible for creating the products. It can be an individual seller or a brand. The products may include physical products like gardening tools, digital products like eBooks, tutorials, and courses (Such as the Legendary Marketer educational program), or even services. The seller doesn’t have to be involved in the marketing process, but they can participate in the program to earn an extra affiliate income on their products. If you are a merchant, you can invite affiliate marketers to promote your products and share the profits.
- Affiliate marketer- This can be an individual or a marketing agency that decides to promote the products. You can use your social media accounts, your blog, a niche site, product review site, and many other platforms to drive traffic using your affiliate link. An affiliate is responsible for choosing the products they would love to promote, and they have the freedom to select any marketing model. Once a member successfully drives a sale to the merchant’s products, they are entitled to an agreed-upon commission.
- Consumer- This is an essential party for the affiliates and the merchants. You only get a commission when a customer makes a verified purchase. You may choose to let your audience know that your webpages have some affiliate links, but you don’t have to. Either way, they won’t be charged extra.
- Affiliate Network – An affiliate network is the intermediary between a buyer and a seller. An example is Amazon and ClickBank. However, you can choose to deal directly with the merchant and share the profits on every sale. Whichever approach you want depends on the types of products. For instance, if you choose to promote the Legendary Marketer’s products, you will be dealing directly with them, and they will train you and give all the necessary tools to succeed.
How Are Affiliate Marketers Paid?
There are different ways that they earn a commission. These include;
- Pay-per-sale- This is the most common model where you get paid when a customer buys the product through your link.
- Pay-per-lead– For this model, the customer may not have to purchase. Instead, the merchant pays you for generating leads. For instance, you can get paid for customers who fill a form or perform any other action on the merchant’s website.
- Pay-per-click– In this model, you’re simply compensated for driving traffic to the merchant’s website. You may have to create content, run ads, all to increase the amount of traffic on the site.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing
There are two ways to do this. You can be either a merchant or a marketer.
How to become a merchant
By choosing this path, you will mainly have to create products and invite affiliate marketers to promote your products. Below are the steps you need to follow.
- Product idea
Coming up with products may not be as hard as you think. There are occasions where you may decide to re-invent the wheel and come up with unique products. You can research on the existing products, and think of how you can improve them. Always start with a niche that you already have some knowledge in, or are interested in. It’s also a good idea to research what people are already looking for. If you can effectively solve their problem, you have a valid idea.
Once you have an idea, you can go ahead and see how many people are willing to pay for that product. Tools like Buzzsummo can help you come up with an idea. Tools like Topsy can help you research how many people are willing to pay for your product. You can come up with a threshold. If they meet that threshold, it’s time to create the product.
- Product creation
There are several ways to create a product based on whether it’s a digital product or a physical product. Digital products are more beginner-friendly, require a minimal upfront investment, and have a higher ROI. Three main digital products to start with include podcasts, eBooks, and online courses.
- Partner with affiliate marketers
You can search for people or agencies that already have an audience that may be interested in your products. A simple Google search would do. Once you find them, you can pitch them your products and split the profits. You can also list on eCommerce sites that have an affiliate program, such as the Amazon Associates Program.
How to become an affiliate marketer
- Product Reviews
To get people to buy the products, you need to write an expert review of how the products work, their pros, cons, and who you recommend them to. You can start with the products that you’ve used before. If they are not in a profitable niche, review other products, and make sure you offer valuable information, not just rush through to make some quick cash. Once you write a detailed review, include the affiliate link within the review.
- Create a mailing list
Email marketing is the best way to promote your products online. It’s also the best way to maintain a connection with your fans. Email autoresponders have significantly evolved to a point where they help you manage your subscribers. You can set-up autoresponders based on your subscriber’s activities, or set-up an RSS campaign that updates your subscribers when you post a new review. Some of them offer comprehensive reporting that helps you identify what’s working and what’s not working in your affiliate marketing business.
- Create Videos
As much as written content converts sales, videos have a higher conversion rate. So, create a webinar about one of the products you are reviewing and promote it to your mailing list. You can also create a landing page and drive paid and organic traffic to your webinar.
- Pay-per-click advertising
SEO and other strategies to get free organic traffic may be the best way to go. However, it takes time, and search engines keep changing their algorithms. To speed things up, you can invest in pay-per-click advertising. PPC helps place your business in front of a larger audience, helps you grow your mailing list, and helps you make more sales in the long run.
Should You Become An Affiliate?
Affiliate marketing has several benefits including;
- Passive income- Unlike a regular job where you have to keep working to keep earning, you can create a review today and keep making money from it for the next couple of months.
- It’s hassle-free- Once you do a thorough review and send the customer to the seller, you don’t have to worry about warranty, customer support, shipping, or anything of the sort. It’s an easier way of creating an online business.
- You can work from anywhere- An online business gives the coveted freedom of working from home or even travel around the world. Bear in mind that you have to work hard before getting there. If you do it right, you will soon reap the fruits of your hard work.
- It requires little to no startup costs- Unlike a physical business or creating your digital products, all you need is a computer, internet, and some capital to source traffic. Anyone can start an affiliate marketing business.
Legendary Marketer’s 15 Day Business Builder Challenge
Affiliate marketing involves generating traffic for your promotions. There are multiple ways of generating traffic, as well as traffic sources. As an affiliate marketer, it is therefore crucial that you know how to create attractive offers and generate the right traffic that will convert to sales and ultimately commissions for you.
Most affiliate marketers often miss out on how to best create their affiliate marketing businesses. This is why the Legendary Marketer’s 15 Days Business Builder Challenge is there. It’s a program created for affiliate marketers who want to create a successful affiliate marketing business.
The program teaches you on different types of traffic, how each traffic source works, which products to sell, and the best strategies to drive more traffic.
Legendary Marketer is an educational program started by David Sharpe. It enables you to learn as you earn.
The 15 Days Business challenge is a series of 15 information-packed videos by Dave himself.
There’s a lot of ‘noise’ on the internet about how to make money online. However, a lot of them are scams, or too generalized in a way that you can’t apply in your business. This is why David Sharpe created this starter program to help you in mapping out your affiliate marketing journey and set you up for success.
Dave Sharpe is a successful digital marketer who has successfully created 3 million-dollar businesses and trained thousands of digital marketers globally. He has also been featured on Forbes as one of the best digital marketers in the world today. Top online marketers such as Kevin Harrington, a former Shark at the Shark Tank TV Show, have also endorsed Dave as a respected figure in the digital marketing space.
What Will You Learn?
Dave is basically giving you his sales funnel so that you can duplicate it for your business. The good thing is Legendary Marketer keeps updating the content to make sure you have access to the latest information on what’s working and what’s not working in online businesses.
Unlike the e-commerce and Amazon business models out there, Dave Sharpe takes a slightly different approach. He teaches that instead of selling low priced products, you can go for higher ticket products and earn hundreds of dollars in commissions with a few sales. He doesn’t teach you how to create your products and sell them since that’s hectic and very time-consuming.
According to Dave, the effort involved in marketing lower-priced products is almost equal to the effort involved in promoting higher-ticket products. Here are some of the things he teaches in the 15 Days Business Builder Challenge;
- He teaches the top four high-ticket models that you can use regardless of the level you’re in as a freelance digital marketer.
- You’ll also learn how to create several income streams.
- You also get access to a business coach who is ready to guide you until you can start your online business.
- Dave Sharpe also teaches you how to leverage free traffic sources, as well as source traffic for $5 to $10 per day, and still manage to sell highly-ticket products.
- You also get access to landing page templates and a guide on how to create a 2-step funnel for your campaign.
- Dave also teaches how to write ads that convert to sales, or ads that will convince prospects to subscribe to your mailing list and keep learning, and potentially purchase other products you may be promoting.
- He also offers technical examples that will help you practice what you’ve learned.
By the end of the 15 Day Business Builder Challenge training, you will have gained the following; all the information you need to become an affiliate marketer, a sales funnel, and a mailing list to start with.
How Can You Access It?
This package comes as part of the eBook, ‘The Insider’s Guide to Affiliate Marketing’. Even though their welcome email tells you that it’s at no cost, you will have to pay $1.99, which is a non-issue considering all the valuable information that’s packed in the challenge and the eBook.
Better yet, they also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if, after the challenge, you still believe that affiliate marketing is not for you. If you apply everything you learn, you will most likely upsell to their other products, such as the master’s club, business blueprints, and Traffic Rolodex.
If you’re thinking about making money online; affiliate marketing would be a great place to start. It requires less startup capital, it is very scalable, easy to start, gives you the coveted freedom of working from home, and it’s very flexible. The 15-Day Business Builder Challenge program will help you create the perfect roadmap necessary for creating a successful affiliate marketing business. With the program, you will learn all the basics of starting an online business, know the best products to sell, creating multiple income streams, sourcing free and paid traffic. You will also get access to consult with their experts through phone calls.
Affiliate Disclaimer: I hope you liked our making money online review. Please note that some of the links inside this article may be affiliate links to various programs mention in the article. That means that if you click on one of the links and sign up, I may be compensated for it. If you do happen to click, we really appreciate it! Any money we make keeps this site running smoothly and allows us to keep writing these high-quality reviews.